LC Dimming System
This proprietary Dimming System provides full-range dimming of Tapelight LEDs. The system components connect with CAT5 cable. Up to 25 dimmer packs may be connected in series if the total length of all CAT5 cable does not exceed 165 feet from the wall dimmer to the last dimmer pack. CAT5 cables are included with units.
LC-1CH-MULTI Dimming System
In this mode, dimmer packs are addressable and may be used with any controller working on DMX protocol. Up to 36 dimmer packs may be connected in series. For applications exceeding 36 dimmer packs, an additional feed from the DMX dimmer is required. The additional feed(s) can be sent directly from the dimmer, or you may specify DMX Splitters. Consult factory on details of DMX Splitters.
Analog Mode 0/1-10VDC
For operation from devices using 0/1-10VDC protocol, up to 10 dimmer packs may be connected in series. For applications exceeding 10 dimmer packs, an additional feed from the analog dimming device is required.
You may select a light intensity at which the fixtures operate. In this case, no external dimming device is required.
Part #: LC-1CH-MULTI
- Technical Specifications:
- Max. Load: 40 Watts @ 8 VDC
- Environmental Rating: Dry Location/IP20
- Dimensions: 3/4″ x 1-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Weight: 50g / 0.11 lbs
- Listing: ETL Listed/CE Certified
- Operating Temperature: 0~+50 °C
EXC Series xenon lamps should be operated using Tokistar’s 24 VAC magnetic transformers featured in our catalog. These transformers are fully dimmable using dimmers suitable for use with magnetic low-voltage transformers.
EXC Series LED modules are for use from our 24 VAC dimmable magnetic transformers. Electronic transformers may not be used.
The primary input to the transformer may be dimmed from industry standard phase-control dimmers, also referred to as triac dimmers. While most show very favorable results, there may be compatibility issues with certain makes and models. The following guidelines should be taken into account in selecting the proper dimming device:
- Make sure the dimmer used is suitable for use with magnetic low-voltage transformers, not electronic lowvotage transformers.
- Some dimmers have a minimum-load requirement. Since LEDs consume so little power, this should be given serious consideration in the selection of the dimmer.
- Some dimmers not only require a minimum load, but may not function properly at certain levels/loads because they do not interpret an LED load as they do a standard incandescent load. In such cases, some dimming companies offer a “synthetic load” device to resolve this issue. Check with the dimmer manufacturer in such cases.
- Tokistar Lighting has evaluated a wide range of dimmers, but cannot promise perfect dimming results with every make and model on the market. Additionally, manufacturers of dimmers occasionally make changes to their specifications without notice. Some older generations of a certain model might actually work more fluidly than a newer generation.
- If there is any question on compatibility, consult with us on a case-by-case basis. We work closely with many dimming companies, and can provide samples of our fixtures for compatibility testing if necessary.